Coconut Oil Sweet
Skip the frying with this recipe! These sweet potato fries come out crisp and ready to eat right out of the oven. The coconut oil allows the fries to be coated evenly, and the seasonings add the zest that fries need.
Using sweet potatoes gives you a lot more fiber and vitamin A when it comes down to nutrition. I'll be honest, I am not a big fan of mashed or baked sweet potatoes, but put them in fry form? I'm in! I think you'll like them too. For a sweeter, dessert version of these, replace the savory spices with cinnamon and sugar. They taste delicious as a sweet treat as well.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes about 2-3
Serving size: About 10 fries
170kcals, 7g fat, 26g carb, 2g protein
Coconut Oil Sweet Potato Fries
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp parsley
1. Preheat oven to 425⁰.
2. Wash and slice sweet potatoes into slices, about 1/4" thick and wide as best you can. Be sure to cut the pieces uniformly, as it will allow the fries to cook more evenly.
3. Toss fries in coconut oil and then add spices, excluding parsley, until all fries are coated.
4. Spread on a lined baking sheet, sprayed with non-stick spray or even coated with coconut oil. Be sure not to stack the fries or overcrowd them, to allow for thorough cooking.
5. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
6. Flip them once, and cook for another 15 minutes or until the fries are golden brown and no longer a pale orange color.
7. Sprinkle with parsley immediately as they come out of the oven, and serve.