I absolutely love pickles, and always have! Anytime we're out to eat and they have fried pickles on the menu, 9 times out of 10 I'll order them. Thanks to my love for fried pickles, I wanted to make a healthier version that I can have at home and not feel guilty!
These are super easy to make, they just take some time to dip them individually. Trust me when I say that these are completely worth the time. There isn't much to them, but they'll be gone from the plate before dinner is even ready to be served! Try for yourself and see!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Serving size: about 10-12 pickle chips
147 kcals, 3g fat, 16g carb, 5g protein
1 16oz jar dill pickle chips
1 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
1/3 cup flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Get flour and breadcrumbs ready to dip pickles in by placing them each on their own separate plate.
Place 2 eggs in bowl and beat until smooth. Set out in order to dip: flour, egg, breadcrumbs.
4. Line a plate with paper towels and lay pickles on plate. Pat tops of pickles with another paper towels to get moisture off.
5. Line cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment paper and grease as needed.
6. Start coating your pickles! Coat in flour first, egg, and then breadcrumbs. Place on cookie sheet and continue with remaining pickles as desired.
7. Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. Switch oven to broil and broil 2-3 minutes on each side to get them crisp.
9. Place on a serving dish and get ready for them to disappear!
10. If you want a dip, just mix equal parts hot sauce and ranch dressing to have a spicy but smooth dip for your pickles.